Job Title: Clinical Therapist
Job Location: Traveling to meet clients in the surrounding metro area of Ann Arbor (Livingston, Southern Oakland and Macomb, Wayne and Washtenaw counties)
Employment Type: Full or Part Time
- Provide cognitive behavioral modification therapy to traumatic brain injured individuals (our primary client population), preferably in their homes and/or community, to assist them in achieving more effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment. We are also expanding our services to include therapy for depression and anxiety, trauma, grief and loss, adjustments to life and life-changing events, the recovery process, ADD/ADHD behaviors in children and adults, and counseling for children, adolescents, adults, families and couples, which could take place in-office or in the field.
- Travel to meet with client on minimum weekly basis.
- Collect data about individual through use of interview, case history, and observational techniques
- Evaluate data to identify issues and determine advisability of counseling or referral to other specialists or institutions
- Conduct counseling or therapeutic sessions to assist individual to gain insight into personal problems, define goals, and plan of action reflecting interests, abilities and needs
- Submit progress notes for billable services within 36 hours of rendering service
- Establish a relationship with each client’s case manager
- Attend team meetings when possible or as requested
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings
- Weekly supervision with clinical director (in person or telephonically)
- Submit calendar of scheduled clients at the beginning of each week
- Attend Brain Injury Association of Michigan annual conference
- MUST HAVE a master’s degree in the field of psychology, counseling or social work
- 1-3 years work-related experience
- Valid state professional license
- Experience with the TBI population or cognitive behavioral therapy preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
- Time management skills
- Possess oral communication skills
- Able to write clearly and informatively
- Computer proficiency. Ability to use computers and related technology efficiently, with a range of skills which would facilitate learning new programs quickly. Must be familiar with servers/cloud storage. Must know the technology associated with your devices of choice.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exhibits sound and ethical judgment
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Treats people with respect.
- Exhibits honesty and dependability
- Therapy sessions will take place in client homes and/or the community, or in-office.
- EXTENSIVE TRAVEL REQUIRED within the counties listed above.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $50.00 per hour
PLEASE NOTE: Client sessions are being conducted via telehealth during the COVID-19 outbreak.